If you are a hard-working professional or business person who is finding that life has become a struggle, counselling can help you find the solutions you are looking for.
Have you spent most of your time and energy building your business or professional career?
You or your spouse may be showing symptoms of anxiety, depression or even burn-out as a result of years of focus. Now your personal life needs some attention.
You know your stress level is affecting your relationships, your decisions and maybe even your sleep. Maybe you have an old problem that you are now ready to deal with. Or perhaps mid-life has arrived with some surprises and you just don’t feel yourself anymore. And then maybe there is your drinking issue…
You’re smart enough to know that a great vacation is not a long term solution.
For a confident professional, feeling “off your game” can seem strange and sometimes even shameful. You may be the kind of person that has always looked after things and never considered seeking help from a therapist. Or perhaps you’ve been for counselling before but it didn’t work.
Consider this – If your computer has ever needed a “clean install” maybe you do too….
As your counsellor I can help you:
- re-evaluate what’s important to you
- improve relationships
- discover how to overcome your problems
- develop tools to change old habits that are no longer working for you
- Feel good about yourself and others
How do we do this?
Skillful conversation is my specialty.
Understanding you and your unique challenges will be my goal in our very first counselling session.
You will know after just one therapy session if working with me is going to work for you.
Extensive training in a variety of research based therapeutic applications has taught me to quickly assess what will work best for your situation. These may include:
- understanding your personality gifts and where you get trapped in habitual patterns
- using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy techniques to address your symptoms
- exploring your family of origin patterns using a Family Systems Theory approach
- discussing methods to control or eliminate addictive behaviours
- learning how mindfulness meditation can change your brain to change your life
- working in conjunction with your doctor if medication is desired, required or already prescribed
Counselling is sometimes challenging, sometimes fun and always interesting.
If you choose to work with me as your therapist, you can expect to be understood, supported and guided to reach your goals.
Don’t wait for things to get worse – book a therapy appointment now….
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org