Couples Counselling & Family Counselling
Couples counselling can be the solution to get your relationship back on track.
Are you so busy at work that you resent coming home and having to “work” on your relationship?
People say “relationship is hard work” but what does that really mean… remember the days when connecting with your partner was easy and just happened naturally? Now your relationship needs attending to but the task seems ominous. Where do you even begin?
Maybe things have really deteriorated and you find yourself looking to get friendship and intimacy elsewhere. Or an affair has just been disclosed and you are in crisis. Couples counselling can help.
Is Family life not what you had hoped it would be?
Is one of you over involved and the other not around. If you don’t see eye to eye with your spouse raising a family can be a real challenge. And if you travel for business, staying in the loop with the family can be really tough.
Do you have a teen or young adult struggling with depression, anxiety or just getting launched?
Your good sense tells you something has to be done soon and you can’t do it alone.
Through couples counselling and family therapy, I can help you:
- understand yourself and your partner
- heal and repair trust after an affair
- build a loving and enduring relationship
- raise healthy kids that respect themselves and you
- maintain civility and sanity through a separation and divorce process
- by counselling and mentoring your teen or young adult
- find hope in a difficult situation
How do we do this?
Skilfully and quickly identifying the habitual negative patterns in your marital or family relationship will be our first goal. Then applying insight and new tools to accomplish real change will be the focus.
Extensive training in Family Systems Therapy and a variety of research based therapeutic applications has taught me to quickly assess what will work best for your situation. These may include:
- objectively examining the pros and cons of your situation
- exploring your family of origin patterns using a Family Systems Theory approach
- using Gottman therapy exercises to build trust and resolve conflict
- suggesting “homework” that will help you practice the skills learned in sessions
- developing compassion for each other by identifying and understanding personality differences
- working individually, together or as a family to achieve your desired results
If your family is in business together my combined skills in business, couples counselling and family therapy can help you deal with the family issues that are getting in the way of running your business.
If you choose to work with me as your family or couples counsellor, you can expect to be understood, supported and challenged to reach your goals.
Don’t wait for things to get worse — book a couples counselling or family therapy appointment now…
Counselling is sometimes challenging, sometimes fun and always interesting.